Axisware worked with Onto the Page to develop a document management system solution to manage and report on a growing number of bids and proposals the company handled for their clients.
Axisware worked with a specialist bid management company to develop a custom software application. Using the latest technologies and an innovative approach we delivered a multi-user solution which provides state of the art self-service Business Intelligence and Reporting. The system enables the clients customers to self serve documents from a Microsoft Azure hosted solution.
Understanding Issues and defining requirements
As the project was a new venture the customer did not have any in house systems on which to compare, however, they did have a specification and a strong notion of what the software should deliver.
The software had to be incredibly simple and easy to use. No training required for the end user!. Also the software would fundamentally be a secure storage system which allows users to find information through keywords.
Using Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio along with our BaseCamp framework we quickly developed an application to consolidate all the customer’s database into a single application.
- Control – A single repository of data reducing the need for duplicate entries and errors.
- Powerful – Encryption, built-in report writer, built in dashboard generator.
- Modular – Add additional features at a later stage and integrate with other systems
- Auditing – Complete history and audit trail.
- Automation – Time-consuming tasks now been fully automated.
- Easy to Use – Intuitive and easy to use, reducing the learning curve.
- Time-Saving – Create and run reports, export data directly to excel including all formatting.
Audit and traceability
Behind the scenes our audit framework keeps track of changes. Each time the user actions the database the system keeps track of what, when and by whom was changed. Even recording the old and new values.
Powerful reporting and business intelligence
Using the Axisware BaseCamp Framework automatically integrates an extremely powerful yet easy to use report designer. The framework also gives access to the dashboard designer allowing the customer to create custom interactive dashboards with drill down and master filters straight from their data.
Dynamic and modular
The Documents stored on the system needed to be secure, so a method of encryption was incorporated into the software, we combined this with the encryption built into Microsoft Azure for an extra level of security.
The system was designed with a modular architecture to enable additional features and functionality to be added at a later stage. The Axisware BaseCamp framework used to create the software allowed for the integration with other systems and KPI’s to deliver a robust solution.
We met Axisware at the Brand Yorkshire Exhibition in Harrogate and very quickly formed a great working relationship. From start to finish the professionalism and friendly approach of the team at Axisware impressed us. We have achieved a great software application for use by our clients within the agreed timescale and on budget. What more can I say?
All data depicted in these screenshots is fictitious, however, personal data has still been removed for security reasons
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Azure SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure File Storage
- Microsoft Azure Application Hosting
- Axisware BaseCamp Framework 17.2.1
- Integration with various third party stakeholders