Axisware worked with Mainprize Offshore to develop a bespoke software system to help them manage their personnel and fleet of offshore vessels certification
Mainprize Offshore have been involved with the wind farm industry from its inception beging with initial seabed surveys, risk assessments and traffic surveys, They have expanded into the operation of fast catamarans to support the wind farm construction and O+M teams, transferring personnel, equipment, spares and stores between shore and the offshore wind farm sites are included in our support role.
To ensure the saftey of both thier vessels and crew the client required a system to manage certification and safety equipment carried on their feet. The system would need to be simple to use and easily expandable the solution would also need to notify all parties at specified timescales. Using the latest technologies and an innovative approach we delivered a multi-user solution which provides state of the Windows solution with automation at its center.
Understanding Issues and defining requirements
Our customer had been using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and a manual system to manage the certification of the personnel they employ. The cleint also manged data on expirey of equipment and required training for their fleet of vessels in the same way. As the business was growing fast these systems were becoming more and more difficult to maintain.
Using Microsoft SQL and .Net along with our BaseCamp framework we quickly developed an application to track personnel and vessel records into a single application.
Data from the existing systems and spreadsheets were automatically imported into the new system and data cleansed to ensure no existing data irregularities were carried forward into the new system.
Dynamic and modular
The system was designed with ease of use at its heart. The customer required a system which was as frictionless as possible for their users. This would allow them to record certification information related to personnel and vessels with the minimum of effort. We designed the system with a modular architecture to enable additional features and functionality to be added at a later stage. The Axisware BaseCamp framework used to create the software allowed for the integration with other Axisware frameworks such as Workflow and Messaging. Our frameworks also enable the client to schedule messages, auto change statuses, schedule internal reports, change skins even add fields to the database without any technical knowledge.
Dynamic and modular
- Control – A single repository of data reducing the need for duplicate entries and errors.
- Powerful – Customisation, custom data fields, built-in report writer, built in dashboard generator.
- Modular – Add additional features at a later stage and integrate with other systems
- Automation – Automatic calculation of expiry dates and messaging alerts a given time intervals
- History – Simple recording of Certification and equipment
- Auditing – Complete history and audit trail.
- Easy to Use – Intuitive and easy to use with familiar Microsoft Office Interface, reducing the learning curve.
- Time-Saving – Create and run reports, export data directly to excel including all formatting.
Audit and traceability
Behind the scenes our audit framework keeps track of changes. Each time the user actions the database the system keeps track of what, when and by whom was changed. Even recording the old and new values.
Powerful Automation built in
Using the Axisware Workflow Framework automatically integrates an extremely powerful yet easy to use automated workflow system. The framework can be configured to perform a myriad of tasks, in this case, it was used to calculate expiry dates of equipment and personnel certificates and inform via email the relevant parties. The framework also has been configured to update dashboards located on-site and deliver a suite of reports to members of the team at predefined time slots.
Awaiting testimonial from client
All data depicted in these screenshots is fictitious, however, personal data has still been removed for security reasons
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft SQL Database
- Axisware BaseCamp Framework 18.2.3
- Axisware Workflow Famework 18.2.3
- Axisware Messaging Framework 18.2.3
- Integration with various third party stakeholders